For your beau:
February 14th is extra special to me because not only is it Valentine’s Day, but it is also Charles’s birthday! One of the things he loves most is when I cook up something tasty for him. This year I’ve made a batch of peanut butter kiss cookies and chocolate covered strawberries. Both are so easy to make and compliments are guaranteed! Follow the simple, 3-step recipes below to replicate them for your man!
Chocolate covered strawberries:
1. Melt 1 cup of chocolate Hershey kisses in the microwave for two minutes.
2. Dip fresh, washed strawberries into melted chocolate.
3. Place strawberries on wax paper and refrigerate until chocolate is hardened.
Penut butter kiss cookies:
1. Bake peanut butter cookies using provided instructions.
2. Promptly after removing from oven, place Hershey kisses in center of cookies and push lightly.
3. Let cookies cool for 5 to 10 minutes.
For your girlfriends:
I use Valentine’s Day as an excuse to show myself some extra lovin’! You can do the same by pampering yourself with a fresh manicure and some new beauty products. “East Hampton Cottage” by Essie is the perfect pale pink polish for your nails. Also, I am currently obsessed with this fuchsia YSL lipstick! You’ll be seeing it again in an upcoming post 😉
Other featured items in post:
The “Love Tokens”, napkins, and wine glass were all purchased from Home Goods. They have a great variety of items that are cute and won’t break the bank. Also, I buy all of my flowers from Trader Joe’s.
Here are some other fun and affordable Valentine’s Day gifts! Simply click on the image to shop!